The Original Poster Company (OPC) is the world’s leading distributor of greeting cards operating a franchise network across the UK, Ireland, Western Europe, the Americas and Australia.
For over 20 years, our best-selling
quality products have been sold through a wide variety of
retailers, both independent and groups such as Costcutter, Booker,
All our home-based, management franchise opportunities are established profitable businesses which include stock, cash flow and customers.
The Original Poster Company is a Full member of the British Franchise Association
How much does The Original Poster Company franchise cost?
• The minimum total investment is *£33,000 with a personal investment of £15,000
• No royalty payments or management fees are charged
• We offer a five year renewable franchise agreement
*Banks can lend up to 50-70%
percent of the cost – subject to your financial
What are the benefits of an OPC greetings card franchise?
• Each franchise provides an income from Day One
• Dedicated Regional Business Development Manager (BDM)
• Comprehensive initial and ongoing training and field support
• Access to independent and branded retailers
• Franchisee incentives
• Fast selling and diverse ranges, with new designs added monthly
• Latest consumer focussed, easy to assemble presentation racks
• Environmental responsibility accreditation
• Bespoke online franchise system
• Free employment advice
How does an OPC greetings card franchise work?
Our network operates using the sale
or return, (consignment) system. Franchisees install our
professionally designed, easy to assemble racks or spinners in the
store, (free on loan to the retailer), and stock the displays with
product. On the franchisee’s next visit, the retailer only needs to
pay the franchisee for what they have sold – it’s that
What our franchisees say:
“The quality of the cards, the regular change of designs and I hope the quality and regularity of my service sets me aside from our competitors,” Mark reckons, “If you want to be successful in this franchise, you’ve got to be the kind of person who’s not afraid of hard work, is persistent, friendly, dedicated, committed, a good communicator, has great motivation and someone who is never satisfied and wants to strive to continually improve.”
Mark Quinlan, Dual Territory Franchise Owner, Huddersfield and West Yorkshire
All new franchise owners follow an initial comprehensive training programme with regular ongoing field support from their dedicated Regional BDM. This provides franchisees with all the support they need to grow their sales and keep overheads low, whilst achieving great profit margins.
“My initial training and support was excellent from both head office and from my Business Development Manager Dawn. Dawn showed me everything about the business until I was comfortable to work alone, even now she is always only a call away when any issues crop up.”
David Hyde, OPC Franchisee, Banbury
Want to know more?
Our franchise is perfect for those
with strong management and customer service skills and 90% of our
franchisees surveyed agree that our home-based system gives them
the flexibility to enjoy family life.
We are actively looking for people who:
• are confident in customer relations;
• have a strong desire to run their own successful business; and
• can take an existing business and breathe fresh enthusiasm into it.
Please click on the "Send Request Now" button on the right for more information.
27.03.2015 - Retailer Spotlight-Costcutter, Epsom, Surrey
Enter your credentials below to login/register